Saturday, January 8, 2011

Missing Grandma



When I found out I was pregnant my mom said she would come and help out for two weeks so that Alyssa could get attention and I could relax. I said, "great!" but really I was worried if two weeks was a good idea. I love my mom to death but sometimes after too much togetherness time we get on each others nerves.
Well since that time I opened my own business and Colin came 3 weeks early. These two things changed my mom's visit drastically. Colin was about a month old when my mom came out instead of 2-3 weeks and I had been back to work for 4 and a half weeks.
My mom came in helped with the daycare for the week my assistant was out of town and then spent some quality time with Alyssa and Colin. She also got really sick and spent a day curled up in bed sleeping while kids screamed downstairs all day( how she slept through all the noise I have no idea).
My mom left today and I'm so sad she is gone. I feel like because of the daycare and everything we had no down time. It also seems like she wasn't here long at all.
I know Alyssa is going to miss her. She would wait to hear Grandma's hair dryer in the morning so that she could go up and see her. I would then find the two of them snuggled back in grandma's bed playing with her ipad. At night Alyssa and Grandma would sit on the couch watching videos on the ipad while Alyssa did her breathing treatment.
It was a really good visit and I can't wait for mom to come back in March and see how much the kids have grown and maybe have a more relaxing time.

1 comment:

  1. Me too, Shannon. I worried that two weeks would be too long but hoped that by going to Centralia, all would be well. However, between being gone, being sick and being busy with the day care, the time flew and I felt like I only "talked" to you one day.

    I have to tell you how proud of you I am. I am proud of your business and the way you run it; I am proud of your mothering skills; I am proud to be YOUR mother.

    Maybe in March, Chris and Duane can watch the kids while you and I go out to dinner one night??? Let's try for that, okay?

    ReplyDelete