Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another Monday Down

Now there are only 34 days of school left. I have always counted down the days left of school after spring break. This year I am excited, but as I look back on it, not as excited as I was for last year to end. I think that tells you how bad my year was last year, that I was more excited for that year to end than I am for this year when I have Alyssa waiting for me.
Though today will be hard. I have a staff meeting after school, so instead of getting to my daughter by 4:20 I won't be there until a little after 5. For the first time ever I will not return to my room after the staff meeting to "finish up". I will be like 90% of the other teachers and take my stuff down with me to the meeting and after the meeting is over I will walk out the door. It is times like this that I hate that I live and work about 30 min apart from each other. I know Alyssa will be fine and she won't know the difference, but I do. I also remember what it was like being the babysitter and counting down the minutes until pick up, not because the kids were bad, but just so I could have a break.
She has a full house today as she has an extra kid, so she will have 4 kids from 7:10-3:45. Then 3 kids because she loses 2, but her son comes home from 3:45 until I get there.
All I can say is I hope the staff meeting is a fast one!

No comments:

Post a Comment