Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sick

Alyssa is sick. She was coughing off and on for the last two days, but last night about 1 when she got up to eat she was coughing a lot and snot was comming out of her nose. This morning I sent Chris off to work, but when she woke up at 6 she was fussy, coughing and more snot. She probably would have been fine to go to the sitters, but she would have been crancky. So instead I called Chris to turn around and come home.
He is at home taking care of her while I work since I have no more sick days left after giving birth. Before I left I talked myself through out loud, that there were bottles in the fridge, that the doctor needed to be called to cancel her shots for tomorrow, that he needed to check her every few hours for a wet diaper. I then called on my way to work to tell him to check on her while she was sleeping cause I didn't want her to stop breathing. He held the phone up to Alyssa crying and said "Hear that?! That is what Alyssa thinks of your phone call she will be fine." With that I said good bye and hung up.
I know she is in good hands, but there not mine and this is her first of what I'm sure will be MANY colds.
Speaking of which would this be something for the baby book? :-) First cold? I think I will go home and write it down.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your doctor's appt. but cancel the shots. You will want to make sure Alyssa doesn't have an ear infection or strep. Many will say that babies that young can't get either, but you and Michael are living proof that you can!! Your first strep was at 4 months. I don't remember when Michael's first ear infection was, but it was around then or a little earlier. The doctor might also be able to suggest something for the congestion that will help her rest easier. And lastly, don't forget that locking you and the baby in the bathroom with the shower running also will help her congestion.

    Yep, the first of many to come.

    ReplyDelete