Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Worries

Just when I think I'm getting a handle on things, and that everything is running smoothly something else happens.
Since Friday night Alyssa has decided that bed time is not her thing. You can tell she is tired and that she needs to go to sleep, yet she keeps her eyes open with all her might and then once she falls asleep and you put her down, she will wake back up. So for 2 hours each night we play the up and down game. Chris gets her to sleep, puts her down. I put her to sleep put her down. Back and forth until I finally give up, go to bed myself and let her sleep in my arms. Now I didn't let her sleep in my arms until Mon and Tue night when I had to work the next day. BUT on both Mon and Tues night guess who slept through the night?! Yep Alyssa. 9 hours without food. I'm not sure if this will continue once she goes back to sleeping in her bassinet( hopefully tonight!).
But that is where the worry starts. If she is sleeping through the night is she getting enough food during the day? Yesterday she ate about 9 ounces less than she usually does and she spit up everything I was feeding her all night. So I figured by this morning she would be Starving, nope, she snacked probably ate about 3 ounces and then was done. And this 3 ounces was taken over a hour time span.
So now I have her shots on Friday and I worry is she sick? Should I re-schedule the appointment. Did I eat something she doesn't like? Is she just not hungry? Boy I wish she could tell me what was going on!! Until then I will sit here and question things. I'm sure it will all turn out all right.

1 comment:

  1. Just as babies go through growth spurts, so they go through "just maintaining". She is fine. If she wasn't, you would know without a doubt. With babies that age, there is seldom an "in between". Friday will be an exciting day when you see how much she has grown!

    ReplyDelete