Friday, April 10, 2009

Doctor



So today was the day that Alyssa had to go get her shots.  I was so worried about giving her the shots while she was sick I spent over an hour last night researching it on-line.  Every article I read said if they have a slight cold that it was okay to give the shots.
   This morning my wonderful friend Susan called to check on me cause she knew how worried I was.  She offered to call her sister who is a doctor.  I agreed, when Susan called back she said her sister suggested giving them.  I then went to the doctor and he also said I should give them.  Since I couldn't find anything that proved or even suggested I wait I went ahead and let them give her the shots.
   The tears that she had broke my heart.  It was the first time I had seen real tears come out of her eyes and the cry of pain and being mad was awful.  Thank God it only lasted about 15 seconds I picked her up and she was better.  The nurse then left and I fed her for a few minutes and she was fine. 
She is now 10 lbs 12 ounces
23 1/4 inches long
which means she is in the 50% for weight and 75% for length 
 She came home and fell asleep.  She is now upstairs sleeping in her crib for the first time.  Though I can hear her moving around through the monitor.  I took some pictures of her in her crib, but I don't have time to load them so I will have to leave you with pictures of her in the crib at my mother in laws house.
 
Okay the crib lasted about 5 min.  She is now asleep in my arms, every time I put her down she startles and becomes wide awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment